Gender and Child Cell:
The Women Desk in FATA Disaster Management Authority, now (PDMA) Complex Emergencies Wing (CEW) which was established on 19/03/2012 was converted to Gender and Child Cell on 06/06/2013. The Child Protection section comprises of Child Protection Coordinator and Child Protection and Monitoring Officer.
Gender and Child Cell is working effectively to achieve the following objectives:
- To increase understanding of Child Protection concerns and needs in DRR.
- To enhance institutional capacity to address Child Protection issues in DRM.
- To encourage government to take actions to integrate Child Protection perspectives into DRR policies and program, for sustainable development.
- To contribute in policy guideline on Child Protection mainstreaming, and practical guidelines on how to institutionalize gender-sensitive risk assessments , and ensure mainstreaming into communications, training and education;
- To mainstream Child Protection perspectives into all disaster management initiatives and use gender-sensitive indicators to monitor gender mainstreaming progress.
- To ensure Child Protection mainstreaming in program implementation, monitoring and evaluation.